Wa maaja'alnaaa As-haaban naari illaa malaaa 'ikatanw wa maa ja'alnaa 'iddatahum
illaa fitnatal lillazeena kafaroo liyastaiqinal lazeena ootul kitaaba wa
yazdaadal lazeena aamanooo eemaananw wa laa yartaabal lazeena ootul kitaaba
walmu'minoona wa liyaqoolal lazeena fee quloo bihim maradunw walkaafiroona
maazaaa araadal laahu bihaazaa masalaa; kazaalika yudillul laahu mai yashaaa'u wa yahdee
mai yashaaa'; wa maa ya'lamu junooda rabbika illaa hoo;
wa maa hiya illaa zikraa lil bashar
Wallaili id adbar
Wassub hi izaaa asfar
Innahaa la ihdal kubar
Liman shaaa'a minkum any yataqaddama aw yata akhkhar
Kullu nafsim bim kasabat raheenah
Illaaa as haabal yameen
Fee jannaatiny yata saaa'aloon
Maa salakakum fee saqar
Qaaloo lam naku minal musalleen
Wa lam naku nut'imul miskeen
Wa kunnaa nakhoodu ma'al khaaa'ideen
Wa kunnaa nukazzibu bi yawmid Deen
Hattaaa ataanal yaqeen
Famaa tanfa'uhum shafaa'atush shaafi'een
Famaa lahum 'anittazkirati mu'rideen
Ka annahum humurum mustanfirah
Farrat min qaswarah
Bal yureedu kullum ri'im minhum any yu'taa suhufam munashsharah
Kallaa bal laa yakhaafoonal aakhirah
Kallaaa innahoo tazkirah
Fa man shaaa'a zakarah
Wa maa yazkuroona illaaa any yashaaa'al laah; Huwa ahlut taqwaa wa ahlul
6. Nor expect, in
giving, any increase (for thyself)!
7. But, for thy Lord's (Cause), be
patient and constant!
8. Finally, when the Trumpet is sounded,
That will be- that Day - a Day of Distress,-
10. Far from easy for those
11. Leave Me alone, (to deal) with the (creature) whom I
created (bare and) alone!-
12. To whom I granted resources in abundance,
13. And sons to be by his side!-
14. To whom I made (life) smooth and
15. Yet is he greedy-that I should add (yet more);-
16. By no means! For to Our Signs he has been refractory!
17. Soon will I
visit him with a mount of calamities!
18. For he thought and he plotted;-
19. And woe to him! How he plotted!-
20. Yea, Woe to him; How he
21. Then he looked round;
22. Then he frowned and he
23. Then he turned back and was haughty;
24. Then said
he: "This is nothing but magic, derived from of old;
25. "This is nothing
but the word of a mortal!"
26. Soon will I cast him into Hell-Fire!
27. And what will explain to thee what Hell-Fire is?
28. Naught doth
it permit to endure, and naught doth it leave alone!-
29. Darkening and
changing the colour of man!
30. Over it are Nineteen.
31. And We
have set none but angels as Guardians of the Fire; and We have fixed their
number only as a trial for Unbelievers,- in order that the People of the Book
may arrive at certainty, and the Believers may increase in Faith,- and that no
doubts may be left for the People of the Book and the Believers, and that those
in whose hearts is a disease and the Unbelievers may say, "What symbol doth
Allah intend by this ?" Thus doth Allah leave to stray whom He pleaseth, and
guide whom He pleaseth: and none can know the forces of thy Lord, except He and
this is no other than a warning to mankind.
32. Nay, verily: By the Moon,
33. And by the Night as it retreateth,
34. And by the Dawn as it
35. This is but one of the mighty (portents),
A warning to mankind,-
37. To any of you that chooses to press forward,
or to follow behind;-
38. Every soul will be (held) in pledge for its
39. Except the Companions of the Right Hand.
40. (They will
be) in Gardens (of Delight): they will question each other,
41. And (ask)
of the Sinners:
42. "What led you into Hell Fire?"
43. They will
say: "We were not of those who prayed;
44. "Nor were we of those who fed
45. "But we used to talk vanities with vain talkers;
46. "And we used to deny the Day of Judgment,
47. "Until there came
to us (the Hour) that is certain."
48. Then will no intercession of (any)
intercessors profit them.
49. Then what is the matter with them that they
turn away from admonition?-
50. As if they were affrighted asses,
51. Fleeing from a lion!
52. Forsooth, each one of them wants to be given
scrolls (of revelation) spread out!
53. By no means! But they fear not
54. Nay, this surely is an admonition:
55. Let any
who will, keep it in remembrance!
56. But none will keep it in
remembrance except as Allah wills: He is the Lord of Righteousness, and the Lord